Citibank is a subsidiary of CitiGroup, to provide financial services to the customers. It was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, later First National City Bank of New York. Citibank provides credit cards, mortgages, personal loans, commercial loans, and lines of credit. The bank has a total of 2,649 branches in 19 countries, including 723 branches in the United States and 1,494 branches in Mexico. The U.S. branches are concentrated in six metropolitan areas: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and Miami. Citibank’s offered so many services for their customers benefits. Those services are listed below:
1) Automated Banking Card: Shortly afterward, the bank launched the CitiCard, which allowed customers to perform all transactions without a passbook. Branches also had terminals with simple one-line displays that allowed customers to get basic account information without a bank teller. If you need more information about this, you can contact CitiBank Toll-Free Customer Support Number.
2) Automatic teller machine: In the 1970s, Citibank was one of the first U.S. banks to introduce automatic teller machines, in order to give 24-hour access to accounts. Customers could use their existing CitiCard in this machine to withdraw cash and make deposits. In April 2006, Citibank struck a deal with 7-Eleven to put its ATMs in more than 6,700 convenience stores in the United States.
3) Online Banking: Citibank.com was registered in 1991. It was existing on the internet years before the world wide web was launched. At the time, it was used for email and other internet interactions, but as early as 1984, Citibank pioneered online access to accounts using 300 baud dialups only. This makes Citibank one of the longest-term commercial/financial online operations.
4) Credit Card Business: A credit card can definitely prove to be the best friend in your pocket. With great offers and benefits, a credit card makes your shopping and dining experiences all the way better. Citibank is one of the leading private sector banks in the world which offers several credit cards with a myriad of features and benefits on them, to meet the changing needs and requirements of its customers. The cards offer customizable and innovative solutions which can prove to be extremely beneficial for the customers. In the 1960s the bank entered into the credit card business. On April 1, 2016, Citigroup became the exclusive issuer of Costco’s credit cards and Visa replaced American Express as the credit-card network for Costco’s stores. Costco accepts other Visa cards as well. To apply for this card, Contact CitiBank Credit Card Customer Care Number.
There are three types of credit cards are used in CitiBank:
1) Citibank Platinum Credit Card: The Citibank Platinum Credit Card is one of the best credit cards, which ensures that it is a one stop solution to all your problems. Not only can you avail special offers on dining, travel and entertainment, but also, earn reward points for spending at different merchant outlets using your Platinum credit card.
2) Citi Premiermiles Credit Card: If you can use your Premiermiles credit card than you can Earn 10 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on all airline transactions. You can earn 10 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on exclusive website www.premiermiles.co.in and with our select partners. Redeem Miles across over 100 domestic and international airlines and transfer your Miles to any of our hotel & airline partners.
3) CitiBank Rewards Domestic Credit Card: By using the Domestics Credit Card you can earn 10 Reward Points for every Rs125 spent at Apparel & Department Stores, redeem points instantly at over 700 outlets and e-shopping partners and enjoy over 6,000 offers across Dining, Shopping, Movies & EMI.