The adhesive pcb standoffs find their application above all in the electronic field for the better integration of its components especially thanks to the composition of the material in which they are built: the PA 6.6.
PA 6.6, better known as nylon
Polyamides are long-chain polymers that contain amides (organic compound which is a functional derivative of carboxylic acids). These polymers are obtained through polymerization, i.e. a chemical reaction that leads to the formation of a long polymer chain (molecule consisting of equal parts that are repeated) starting from the monomers (simpler particles).
To be more specific, we could say that PA 6.6 is made starting from a reaction between adipic acid and hexamethylenediamine in the distant 1935 and, since then, has known a huge field of applications thanks to the excellent price / performance ratio.
The applications of nylon fasteners in PCB
Contrary to what one might think at first, the acronym PCB does not refer to the toxic material but stands for “printed circuit board”. In electronics the PCB is a support used to connect the electronic components of a circuit with each other through conductive tracks etched on a material that does not conduct electricity (usually glass fiber).
To understand how to insert the fateners we must first consider the functions of the printed circuits:
- electrical connection between the electronic components;
- mechanical support for components and accessories that can be used to build a system with every element positioned in a precise way;
- creation of passive electronic components.
The printed circuit is nothing more than the board on which all the components of the electronic circuit are soldered. If the curiosity to see one is very strong, just remove a computer to see how it is done and, in addition, you can also see the fasteners and their positioning.
What are PCB spacers and what are they for?
There are different types of spacers, each with its own specific function:
- quick coupling spacer, ideal for quick assembly of the board and has an unhooking tooth for easy removal;
- self-adhesive spacers with hole that can be fixed on smooth and clean surfaces but removed when necessary and are useful if the support does not require the use of screws and must be inserted in the rear part of the front panels;
- self-adhesive spacers for the support, used to protect the PCBs from the electric transmission leaving the necessary space for the applications of the chassis;
- self-adhesive support spacers with screw, particularly indicated inside the cable ducts to insulate the conductors in the best possible way.
The list could also be extended to plastic screws and there is the risk of getting lost in this infinite world.
FastPoint: what is the service offered
FastPoint not only sells fasteners, it is also able to collaborate with companies in the development phase of a project and its subsequent industrialization, finding the most suitable solutions and at the same time economic for fixing by choosing the most appropriate materials. All this happens through the use of 3D modelling tools that allows customers to save time and money.