Spinal decompression surgery involves a number of procedures, which aims to give relief from the symptoms, which are caused by compression or pressure associated with the nerve roots and/ or spinal cord. The purpose of a decompression surgery is to provide relief from the pain, which is happened by the pinching of the nerve root. The pressure on the nerve root of the lumbar is associated with two general reasons, first is due to lumbar spinal stenosis and the second reason is lumbar herniated disc. This particular type of pain is known as the general term of sciatica or radiculopathy.
Best doctor for spine surgery in India can be found through searches over the internet or by taking suggestions from the other Doctors. They will provide the best treatment regarding these
There are three major divisions of the back surgery.
- A laminectomy– This is performed through the removal of the lamina, which is above the spinal column. Alaminectomy is a process, which is performed to give relief to the compression of the nerve root over one or multiple nerve roots involved with the spinal column. The compression is known as pinched nerve.
- A discectomy –It is associated with the removal of a disc portion to give relief from the pressure associated with a nurve.
- A spinal fusion –To provide more stability, provide relief to a pain or for the deformity correction, the fusion (permanent) is happened, which involves two or multiple vertebrae. In this process, pelvic bones will be harvested by the surgeon and then they will be placed between the areas of the vertebrae. Ii is seen that rods, metal cages, screws, or wires may be used for the immediate stability.
The range of best spine doctor in India is always there to help their patients in their problems. Any surgery may be associated with a little bit of complications. But fortunately, these complications occur very rarely.
Complications of Spinal Fusion Surgery
The potential complications associated with the spinal fusion surgery may be as follows:
- Blood clots
- Injury associated with the nerves or blood vessels involved around and in the spine.
- Pain is involved in the area from where bone graft is taken from.
There are various surgical approaches for performing the spinal fusion, such as PLIF, ALIF, TLIF, XLIF, anterior/posterior fusion, posterolateral gutter fusion, and other minimal invasive approaches. Spinal fusion and/or decompression may be done to treat some other pathologies of the lumbar spine such as tumors or infection as well as the above specified conditions.
Sometimes Minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) is regarded as less invasive spine surgery. In these cases, doctors generally use specialized instruments to access the spine and it is through the small incisions. Traditionally, open surgery, the doctor makes an incision that may be of 5 to 6 in.
A person, who is suffering from the above problems, should immediately consult the Doctor. With the correct diagnosis and proper treatment, a person will live a healthy life.